How do you make a pancake?
Tossing Off is easy, but in case you’re a pancake virgin here is our top recipe to help you make the most delicious pancakes! Our recipe makes approximately three pancakes each for seven people. You can adapt the ingredients according to the number of guests you have – or how greedy you’re feeling!
- 400g plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- 800ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- a pinch of salt
- Put the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the butter and whisk again thoroughly.
- Set a frying pan over a medium to high heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- Pour a good amount of batter into the pan and cook for about 40 seconds.
- Toss your pancake when the underside is golden brown and cook the other side for another 40 seconds.
- Place your pancake on a plate and add your favourite topping.
- Scoff down your delicious pancake!
Simply choose gluten free plain flour.
A dairy-free pancake is made possible by adding soya or almond milk instead of cow’s milk.
Use soya or almond milk instead of cow’s milk and swap the eggs for some baking powder.